Orange Creamsicle Dream Bars (2023)

These Orange Creamsicle Dream Bars are the perfect NO BAKE refreshing summer dessert! Everyone’s taste buds will love the crunchy crust, sweet cheesecake layer, and orange cream topping. It will take you back to the days of buying an Orange Creamsicle off the ice cream truck.
They follow theChocolate Peanut Butter Dream Bars that started it all.

Orange Creamsicle Dream Bars (1)

The Orange Creamsicle was and still is one of my most favorite ice cream treats to eat.

There’s just something about that orange and cream flavor that makes me all happy when I take a bite.

So, seeing as how those ice cream bars are so popular, I just thought it made perfect sense to make it into a Dream Bar recipe.
Make them easier to eat on a hot summer’s day, too.
This way, the creamsicle isn’t dripping all over your hand! haha
You’re welcome.

SAVE THIS ORANGE CREAMSICLE DESSERT RECIPE TO YOUR FAVORITE PINTEREST BOARD!

Orange Creamsicle Dream Bars (2)

The big news in our family is that another one of our children is off to live in Europe.
If you’ve been following me for a while, you’ll remember that our oldest daughter, Alex (Lexi), moved to Germany almost two years ago to be an au pair (live-in nanny).
She was living with a wonderful family who has three children, a boy age 9, a girl age 6 and a younger boy, 18 months.

She was only able to be with them for a year and then she moved to Berlin where she now watches another little girl.

About two weeks ago, Alex’s original host mother asked her if she knew of anyone who might want to be an au pair for them.
Thinking it would be cool, but most unlikely, she mentioned it to our younger daughter, Emma, who is a full-time nanny in Philadelphia.

Orange Creamsicle Dream Bars (3)

Yet, after some intense thinking, Emma decided to accept the position.
She’ll be leaving for Germany on August 11.
This has all happened within the past two weeks.

While sad for me, I am extremely excited for her for many reasons.
It’s a great opportunity.
She’s young, and while she has no career ties here in the States besides family and friends, she might as well just do it. Carpe diem.

She spent a semester abroad before and has traveled through Europe alone and with friends.
We know the family and are truly blessed that they are so wonderful and think so much of our family. Plus, she’s already met them when she went to visit her sister.

The one thing I just don’t get – Kurt and I moved back east from Phoenix back in March so we could be closer to our children. Granted one was living on another continent, but two were living in Philadelphia which is only a 5 hour train ride away as opposed to a day full of travel.

One up and moves to the other side of the world and now the third is saying he’d like to go explore South America before or after he resumes his unfinished solo Pacific Crest Trail hike.
Whose kids are these??

Orange Creamsicle Dream Bars (4)

I’m glad they have been bitten by the travel bug. I want them to explore the world, see other cultures and do things I never would have dreamed of doing at their age.
Granted that now at Alex’s age of 27 I was already married with two kids, so wouldn’t have and didn’t go anywhere anyway.
To be a mother was all I ever truly wanted.

But I have to admit, there is a tinge of jealousy that they have no ties, are able to do and see things I haven’t.
I’m super proud that they are so independent, confident and adventurous.
Yet, they know that Kurt and I as well as their siblings, are their ‘home base’ until and even when they meet the loves of their lives.
It makes my heart very happy.

When I heard Emma had decided to move to Germany, I became a bit sad knowing she’d be over there for at least a year.
So, I sat down here at the table and created another dream bar recipe that I think you’ll all really like.

How to make these Orange Creamsicle Dream Bars –

• Line your 8 X 8-inch baking pan with with parchment. This way you can easily remove the entire tray of bars, peel down the slides, slice and neatly serve them. Also, it makes for little clean up.
  • I really like using Nilla Wafers for the crust. I originally made this recipe using crushed sugar cones, but now mush prefer using the cookies.
    Use 1 ⅓ cups of finally crushed Nilla Wafers and the same amount of butter (5tbsp).
    For another option, use graham cracker crumbs. For those you’ll need 1 1/3 cups. Or, if you use sugar cones, make sure the amount you use is equal to 1 1/3 cups.
    I have used Golden Oreos for the crust, but found the dessert was just too sweet. I’ll opt for the Nilla Wafers or a shortbread cookie like a Lorna Doone every time.
  • Making the crust and putting it into the freezer to set is the first thing I do. That way it can really have a chance to harden during the hour the cream mixture is in the fridge chilling as well.
  • When mixing the orange gelatin,ONLYuse the amount of water stated in THISrecipe,NOTas is called for on the box. We want the mixture to be a bit more stable than usual. Chill the gelatin until it is cold, about 10 minutes. You do not want it to set.
  • I tested this recipe with orange juice and then again with orange extract and thought the extract brought out more of the orange flavor I was looking for.
  • Place the orange cream mixture into the fridge to semi-set for at least an hour. You want it to become thick enough that it blends easily with the Cool Whip. If it hardens too much there will be large chunks of gelatin and it won’t mix as smoothly. From the pictures, you can tell that I left it in over an hour, probably about an hour and a half – dog needed to be walked at the time I was set to take it out, of course.
  • If you’re one who would prefer not to use Cool Whip, make myStabilized Whipped Cream. It makes the perfect amount of whipped cream you’ll need for each of my Dream Bar recipes and tastes much better, too!
  • Once finished, refrigerate the Dream Bar recipe for a minimum of 6 hours or overnight. I like overnight the overnight option because it’s a dessert you can make the day before you’re going to serve it.

What you need to make this Orange Cream dessert –

• 8 X 8-inch baking pan
  • parchment paper – out of all the different ones I’ve used, I like this kind the best!
  • food processor, blender or plastic bag
  • 2-cup liquid measuring cup
  • KitchenAid stand mixer or hand mixer
  • Wilton Neon Gel Food Color Set – you might just want to purchase these for another upcoming dream bar dessert recipe
  • offset spatulas – these are perfect for spreading the layers evenly and into the corners of the pan.

~ FOLLOW ME ~
~FACEBOOK~PINTEREST ~
~INSTAGRAM~TWITTER~

365 DAYS OF BAKING & MORE
WEEKLY NEWSLETTER DOWN BELOW!

Orange Creamsicle Dream Bars (5)

Looking for more Orange Cream dessert ideas to satisfy your craving? I found a few great ones while browsing Pinterest!

I’m in love with this Dreamy Orange Creamsicle Shake from Donna at The Slow Roasted Italian. Get me a paper straw QUICK, please!!

Hosting a summer party, bridal or baby shower? Vera at OMG Chocolate Desserts made these White Chocolate Orange Creamsicle Truffles. They’re the perfect bite-sized treat!

Are you a fudge lover like me? This No Fail Orange Creamsicle Fudge from Jocelyn at Inside BruCrew Life, will be the perfect sweet to give to a neighbor, friend, or relative. Just look at those colors! WOW!

Orange Creamsicle Dream Bars (6)

Created by: Lynne Feifer

Orange Creamsicle Dream Bars

Course Dessert

Cuisine American

Prep Time 30 minutes

Total Time 7 hours 10 minutes

9 people

Orange Creamsicle Dream Bars - the perfect NO BAKE summer dessert! Taste buds will love the sugar cone crust, cheesecake layer, and orange cream topping!

(Video) The Orange Dreamsicle

• 8 ounces cream cheese room temperature
  • 1 cup confectioners' sugar
  • 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
  • 1 cup Cool Whip

Instructions

Nilla Wafer Crust

• Line a 8 X 8-inch baking pan with parchment, so that you can easily remove the bars to evenly slice and remove them.

• In a medium bowl, melt the 5 tablespoons of butter in a microwave for about 30 seconds. Stir and melt for another 5-10 seconds, if necessary.

• In a food processor, pulse the Nilla Wafers until they are fine crumbs.

• Add the cookie crumbs to the melted butter and mix with a rubber spatula until all is well incorporated.

• Pour into the prepared baking pan and spread evenly into the pan, pressing down to create an even crust. Place pan into the freezer while preparing the rest of the recipe, a minimum of 30 minutes.

Orange Gelatin

• Into a 2-cup measuring glass, mix the orange gelatin with 3/4 cup boiling water. Stir until dissolved.

• Add the 3/4 cup cold water and stir. Place into refrigerator until completely cooled, but not set - about 10 minutes.

Orange Cream Layer

• In a mixing bowl, beat 8 ounces of the cream cheese with the sugar, orange extract and orange food coloring.

• Slowly pour in the chilled gelatin mix while mixing everything together. The slower you pour and allow time for it to blend, the smoother a consistency you'll get. Once completely smooth, place into refrigerator to chill and thicken for one hour. *See Note.

Cheesecake Layer

• In a mixing bowl, beat another 8 ounces of cream cheese, the confectioners' sugar, and vanilla together until smooth and creamy. With a rubber spatula, fold in one cup of the Cool Whip.

• Place dollops of cheesecake mixture onto the frozen crust and with an offset spatula, spread to form an even layer.

• with a rubber spatula, fold the remaining Cool Whip (about 2 cups) to the chilled Orange Cream mixture, combining until evenly distributed and smooth.

• Gently pour the Orange Cream onto the cheesecake layer and spread evenly with an offset spatula.

• Place into the refrigerator overnight or for a minimum of 6 hours.

Notes

Use the amounts of water in this recipe required to mix the orange gelatin.DO NOT use the amounts listed in the box instructions. We want a more stable gelatin and less of it.
If Orange Cream mixture is left in refrigerator for more than one hour, the gelatin will harden and form. This isn't an issue unless you want a completely creamy layer for the top with NO orange gelatin specks. I think it's a matter of personal, but I actually like it both ways - creamy with no darker orange pieces and then as in the recipe pictures.

Nutrition

Serving: 1g | Calories: 489kcal | Carbohydrates: 54g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 29g | Saturated Fat: 16g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 80mg | Sodium: 311mg | Potassium: 141mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 42g | Vitamin A: 959IU | Calcium: 107mg | Iron: 1mg

Did you make this recipe?

Share it with me on Instagram and make sure to follow me on Pinterest for more recipes.

Like this Orange Creamsicle Dream Bar recipe and looking for more No-Bake desserts for your summer fun? Take a look at these…

Strawberry Cheesecake Dream Bars

Orange Creamsicle Dream Bars (7)

No Bake Lemon Cheesecake

Orange Creamsicle Dream Bars (8)

No Bake Nutella Snickers Pie

Orange Creamsicle Dream Bars (9)

Reader Interactions

Leave A Reply!

Comments & Reviews

1. Orange Creamsicle Dream Bars (10)Best Cakes says

Hey, Lynne you are too good at baking I have been following you since last year and have tried lots of cake shared by you. Everyone in my family is a huge fan of yours! I will bake this too at my nephew’s birthday.

2. Orange Creamsicle Dream Bars (11)Sierra says

(Video) Orange Creamsicle Cheesecake Bars

This recipe works great – It tastes exactly like the orange creamsicles I used to have as a kid. I made mine using graham crackers for the crust since that’s what was on hand, and subbed in neufchatel cheese instead of cream cheese. The bars were softer and not as firm as you might expect with proper cream cheese, but it still held it’s shape enough to cut up and serve with a fork.

The orange gelatin mix alone was also enough to provide a nice orange color without adding any food coloring.

• Orange Creamsicle Dream Bars (12)Lynne says

Thanks so much, Sierra. I’m so glad you liked it and appreciate the feedback and rating!

3. Orange Creamsicle Dream Bars (13)www.Gmail.com says

The color is so pretty!! Thank you for the nice recipe, I will definitely try it!

4. Orange Creamsicle Dream Bars (14)Rose says

Nice orange dream bars. thanks for the recipe.

5. Orange Creamsicle Dream Bars (15)Tamara says

Re-read your comments where you’re talking about using the vanilla wafers. You had said 1-1/3 cups and the same amount of butter…(i thought to myself, that’s a lot of butter!) then in the recipe i see It calls for 5T. Butter… just noticed that when i was Reading through. Excited to try this as orange dream is a favorite!

• Orange Creamsicle Dream Bars (16)Lynne says

Tamara, sorry about the confusion and thanks for letting me know. I’ve updated the post to make it more clear.

6. Orange Creamsicle Dream Bars (17)Holly says

Does this need to be in the fridge until it is served? How long can it be out on the counter before it’s starts to soften?

• Orange Creamsicle Dream Bars (18)Lynne says

Holly, I would definitely keep it in the refrigerator until serving since jello tends to become a bit more liquid as it warms. I wouldn’t leave it on the counter for more than an hour or so.

(Video) ORANGE DREAM BARS | Finally something went right

7. Orange Creamsicle Dream Bars (19)Sarah says

Would this be ok to make 2 days in advance. I have multiple things I have to make so trying to see what I can make ahead of time. Thanks.

• Orange Creamsicle Dream Bars (20)Lynne says

Sarah, I think you should be ok to do that even though I’ve never had them longer than a day in our home. Definitely cover the pan tightly with plastic wrap, and keep in the fridge until serving. Hope everyone loves them!

8. Orange Creamsicle Dream Bars (21)Robin says

Made this last weekend and it was such a hit that I have been asked to make it again this weekend! If I don’t use parchment, do you spray the pan with nonstick spray? Thanks for the recipe!

• Orange Creamsicle Dream Bars (22)Lynne says

Yay!! Robin, thanks so much and I’m so glad you liked them. They’re a favorite here, too!
      If I don’t use the parchment, I don’t usually spray the pan. It really isn’t necessary. I just find it easier to use the parchment to lift the bars out of the pan to slice them more evenly, but you can remove them from the pan without it or cooking spray as well. Enjoy them again!

9. Orange Creamsicle Dream Bars (23)Cindy says

Can’t wait to try it. Have you ever doubled the recipe for a 9×13 pan ?

• Orange Creamsicle Dream Bars (24)Lynne says

Cindy, I have not doubled the recipe, but it can definitely be doubled and made in a 9 X 13-inch pan. Enjoy it!

10. Orange Creamsicle Dream Bars (25)Amy H says

How does this recipe work with Kosher gelatin? It got clumpy before it was time to add it to the whipped cream part.

• Orange Creamsicle Dream Bars (26)Lynne says

Amy, unfortunately, I am unfamiliar with kosher gelatin having never used it. When using the regular gelatin, I’ve noticed that if I leave it in the refrigerator for too long that it starts to clump. I suppose the key would be to check on it regularly. You want the gelatin regardless if it’s kosher or not, to be cold enough so that it’s thick, but not to the point where it’s already setting before you mix it with the whipped topping. Hope that helps!

11. Orange Creamsicle Dream Bars (27)Claudia Matusiak says

(Video) No Bake Orange Dream Bars

In your general instructions before the recipe, you say to use an 8 X 8 pan, but then in the recipe itself you state to use a 9 X 9 pan. Confusing for sure.

• Orange Creamsicle Dream Bars (28)Lynne says

Claudia, I apologize for the confusion and appreciate that you brought that to my attention! I have edited the recipe as it should read an 8 X 8-inch baking pan. You could honestly use either and I have, but I liked the height of the layers when I made it in the 8 X 8-inch. I had just forgotten to correct that in the recipe when I’d made it again.
      Enjoy it!

• Orange Creamsicle Dream Bars (29)Claudia Matusiak says

Thank you for the speedy reply about the pan size. I’ll be making this real soon. Thank you for posting your recipe.

12. Orange Creamsicle Dream Bars (30)Wendy greulach says

Making these right now for July 4th. Confused because the entire recipe says it calls for 8 oz of cool whip. In the ingredient list by layers it says 2 cups of cool whip in the orange cream layer. Then the instructions for the orange cream layer do not mention adding cool whip. Help! Which is correct?

• Orange Creamsicle Dream Bars (31)Lynne says

Wendy, my apologies for not responding sooner. The 2 cups of cool whip are not added to the orange gelatin before it is placed into the fridge. If you read the directions below the cheesecake layer, you’ll see in step #3 it says to add the cool whip for the orange cream layer. Hope it turned out for you!

13. Orange Creamsicle Dream Bars (32)Debby says

Your picture looks like it has an orange in the finished product. Is there ranges in this ?

• Orange Creamsicle Dream Bars (33)Lynne says

Hi Debby!
      There are no oranges in this Orange Creamsicle Dessert. The darker orange color you see in the pictures is just some of the thicker pieces of gelatin that hadn’t blended completely with the other ingredients when I mixed it.

14. Orange Creamsicle Dream Bars (34)Ruthann says

Hi, I volunteer for the senior luncheon once a month. I would like to make this for a dessert. I’m a little confused. One layer crust, one layer cream cheese mixture, one layer orange mixture, then extra cool whip for a scoop on top or are you using cream cheese mixture?
    I’m going to make it for my hubby as my guinea pig. LOL. He will love this. Sorry I’m so thick headed.

• Orange Creamsicle Dream Bars (35)Lynne says

Ruthann, you’re not thickheaded and I am happy to help in any way that I can!
      The cream cheese mixture is the “cheesecake layer” that is on top of the crust and under the orange jello mixture.
      You can add some more whipped cream or Cool Whip to the top to finish the dessert off before serving, but it isn’t necessary.
      Hope your “guinea pig” loves it and approves it for your senior luncheon! 😉

(Video) Orange Creamsicle Freezer Bars

Videos

1. Orange Dream Bars - Meadow Gold Review Ep.02
(FoodzFolkz)
2. How to Make: Orange Creamsicle Bars
(12 Tomatoes)
3. Holiday Orange dreamsicle salad
(Whippoorwill Holler)
4. Flufferd makes THE BEST Orange Dream Bars EVER!
(Flufferd's Crazy Kitchen)